Salary Scale: £38,780
Accountable to: Head of Homeshare UK
Hours: Full Time
Contract: Initial 5 Years Fixed Term contract with the possibility of extension.
Location: Home-based but within reach of the North East or North West and with extensive travel across both regions. Occasional travel to our head office in Liverpool and potentially other locations in the UK.
Shared Lives Plus is the UK membership charity for more than 6,000 Shared Lives carers, 150 Shared Lives schemes and a growing network of over 25 local Homeshare organisations. Our vision is a kinder, stronger society built on sharing our lives and our homes. We help build communities where everyone lives a full life, regardless of the support they need. We do this by turning Shared Lives and Homeshare into thriving, mainstream options, with all the right structures in place to support and guide those who want to share their lives and homes.
We have recently secured funding to further develop Homeshare in the UK in areas of the country that are currently not well serviced by our existing network.
The Homeshare UK Services Manager is a key operational role providing support to our new service delivery team working across the North East and North West regions. Working closely with the HSUK Social Franchise Manager and the Head of Homeshare UK the primary focus of the role will be to support the sustainable growth of Homeshare across two northern regions. The role will also contribute to the further development of knowledge, expertise and practical resourses supporting the wider Homeshare UK network.
Shared Lives Plus is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we are committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. We welcome applicants regardless of race, religion or belief, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by law. We promote and protect human rights; they are the foundation of what we do.
We want to be an inclusive place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and contribute their unique strengths and perspectives. We are focused on equality and believe that all the fascinating characteristics that make us different, make us more able to deliver our life-changing work with passion and creativity.
The overarching objectives of this role include:
- Take the lead on setting up and promotion of Homeshare programmes in the North East and North West
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the programme and support and line manage a team of Homeshare Coordinators.
- Oversee the recruitment, matching, and support for Homeshare participants
- Promote the Homeshare model widely across the regions
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholder groups
- Take the lead on the development of key resources for the programme including an online management tool.
- Use learning from the project to support the development of new guidance for the wider network
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Developing the infrastructure for Homeshare programmes in the North East and the North West
- Take the lead on collection and collation of underpinning feasibility information for the region including focus group sessions with older people, potential Homesharers, and wider key stakeholders.
- Working within the Homeshare UK, Quality Assurance Framework and Good Practice Guidance develop appropriate processes and paperwork for the delivery of the Homeshare programme.
- The development of a CRM system and monitoring tools to help manage the programme and to capture information about participants.
- Development of project policy for the delivery of Homeshare.
- Develop links with key local stakeholders including; local charities, statutory authorities, and organisations who can be potential referral partners and supporters of the project.
2. Day to day operational management of Homeshare programmes based in the North East and the North West
- Day to day line management of Homeshare UK Services programme staff
- Support regional coordinators to recruit, match and support participants to the programme and ensure that practice and process are followed
- Take the lead on any safeguarding issues that may arise within the programmes
- Ensure that accurate records of Homeshare activity in both regions are maintained and provide regular verbal and written reports and information.
- Be responsible for collecting and collating outcomes data for the programmes and provide quarterly and annual reports.
- Take the lead on liaising with any third-party stakeholders involved in the Homeshare match as appropriate e.g., Health care professionals, domiciliary care providers, family members
3. Raise awareness of Homeshare in the North East and the North West.
- Promote the Homeshare programmes locally in both regions through appropriate channels to potential participants and wider stakeholders including Health and Social care professionals.
- Actively promote the Homeshare programme through our existing social media channels and by providing regular content for the Homeshare UK website
- Support the wider work of HSUK and the HSUK Communications Officer by helping coordinate effective and timely engagement between the Homeshare participants, media, and PR opportunities.
- Attend any conferences, seminars and meetings representing Homeshare UK and promoting the pilot project through delivery of talks, briefings, and round table discussion at both local and national level
- Working with the HSUK Team help Identify the need and scope for new resources including learning materials, guidance updates, and training that will be beneficial to the wider Homeshare sector
- Actively support the collection of data, case studies and provide content for the annual Homeshare Sector Reports
- Actively engage with the Homeshare UK network attending monthly practice meetings, training events and annual conference
- Work in accordance with Shared Lives Plus aims, objectives, policies, and procedures and promote a positive image of the organisation and its members
- Engage in continuous self-development and training
- Promote diversity, equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice and Human Rights
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with the level of the post.
|Experience and skills||
|Values and Behaviours||
Please submit your CV along with a supporting statement based on all the details in the job description and person specification telling us why you feel you’re the person for us to email@example.com
The closing date is: 29th October 2021
Short pre-interviews will be on the 4th November 2021 with final interviews taking place on 12th November 2021
We envisage that the successful candidate will take up the post early in January 2022.
You can find out more about what it means to work at Shared Lives Plus via this link Working for Shared Lives Plus – Shared Lives Plus
More information about Homeshare UK and our network of providers can be found on the HSUK website. www.homeshareuk.org