Salary Scale: £34,471
Accountable to: Homeshare UK Services Manager
Hours: Full Time
Contract: Initial 5 Years Fixed Term contract with the possibility of extension.
Location: Home-based in the North West with extensive regional travel. Occasional travel to our head office in Liverpool and potentially other locations in the UK
Shared Lives Plus is the UK membership charity for more than 6,000 Shared Lives carers, 150 Shared Lives schemes and a growing network of over 25 local Homeshare organisations. Our vision is a kinder, stronger society built on sharing our lives and our homes. We help build communities where everyone lives a full life, regardless of the support they need. We do this by turning Shared Lives and Homeshare into thriving, mainstream options, with all the right structures in place to support and guide those who want to share their lives and homes.
We have recently secured funding to further develop Homeshare in the UK in areas of the country that are currently not well serviced by our existing network.
This is a key operational role within our new service delivery team and the primary focus will be the development of a sustainable Homeshare programme in the North West. This role also contributes to the further development of knowledge, expertise and practical resources that will support the wider Homeshare UK network.
Shared Lives Plus is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we are committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. We welcome applicants regardless of race, religion or belief, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age and other protected status as required by law. We promote and protect human rights; they are the foundation of what we do.
We want to be an inclusive place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and contribute their unique strengths and perspectives. We are focused on equality and believe that all the fascinating characteristics that make us different, make us more able to deliver our life-changing work with passion and creativity.
The overarching objectives of this role include:
- Support set up and promotion of a Homeshare programme in the North West
- Deliver the day-to-day activities of the programme including; recruiting, matching, and supporting Homeshare participants
- Promote the Homeshare model widely across the region
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholder groups
- Support the development of key resources for the programme including an online management tool.
- Use learning from the project to support the development of new guidance for the wider HSUK network
Main duties and responsibilities
1. To develop the infrastructure for a Homeshare programme in the North West.
- Working within the Homeshare UK, Quality Assurance Framework and Good Practice Guidance develop appropriate processes and paperwork for the delivery of the Homeshare programme.
- Support the development of a CRM system and monitoring tools to help manage the programme and to capture information about participants.
- Support the development of project policy for the delivery of Homeshare.
- Develop links with key local stakeholders who can be potential referral partners to the programme
- Support the collection and collation of underpinning feasibility information for the region including focus groups sessions with older people, potential Homesharers and wider key stakeholders.
2. Day-to-day operational delivery of the Homeshare programme.
- Recruit potential Householders to the Homeshare programme
- Recruit potential Homesharers to the Homeshare programme
- Assess the suitability of applicants and work with them to understand their needs, expectations, and suitability for participation.
- Assess the suitability of the property to be shared.
- Take the lead on safeguarding checks for Householders and Homesharers, including references and DBS checks
- Make appropriate Homeshare matches and negotiate the terms of the Homeshare agreement between participants
- Provide ongoing monitoring and support to the Homeshare match
- Liaise with any third-party stakeholders involved in the Homeshare match as appropriate e.g., Health care professionals, domiciliary care providers, family members
- Keep accurate records of Homeshare activity in the North West and provide regular verbal and written reports and information.
3. Help raise awareness of the Homeshare programme in the North West, the Homeshare model, Homeshare UK, and the wider Homeshare community.
- Promote the Homeshare programme locally through appropriate channels to potential participants and wider stakeholders including Health and Social care professionals.
- Actively promote the Homeshare programme through our existing social media channels and by providing regular content for the Homeshare UK website
- Support the wider work of HSUK and the HSUK Communications Officer by helping coordinate effective and timely engagement between the Homeshare participants, media, and PR opportunities.
- Attend any conferences, seminars, and meetings representing Homeshare UK and promoting the pilot project through delivery of talks, briefings, and round table discussion at both local and national level
- Working with the HSUK Team help Identify the need and scope for new resources including learning materials, guidance updates, and training that will be beneficial to the wider Homeshare sector
- Actively support the collection of data, case studies and provide content for the annual Homeshare Sector Reports
- Actively engage with the Homeshare UK network attending monthly practice meetings, training events and annual conference
- Work in accordance with Shared Lives Plus aims, objectives, policies, and procedures and promote a positive image of the organisation and its members
- Engage in continuous self-development and training
- Promote diversity, equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice and Human Rights
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required, commensurate with the level of the post.
|Experience and skills||
|Values and Behaviours||
Please submit your CV along with a supporting statement based on all the details in the job description and person specification telling us why you feel you’re the person for us to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is: 29th October 2021
Short pre-interviews will be on the 9th November 2021 with interviews taking place on the 15th November 2021
We envisage that the successful candidate will take up post early in January 2022
You can find out more about what it means to work at Shared Lives Plus via this link Working for Shared Lives Plus – Shared Lives Plus
More information about Homeshare UK and our network of providers can be found on the HSUK website. www.homeshareuk.org