Beyond the social franchise
Expanding on our Homeshare UK social franchise offering we can also provide strategic advice and support to our network members as well as councils and NHS commissioners that are interested in funding a Homeshare UK social franchise in their local area.
Our services reflect the good practice outlined in the Homeshare UK Good Practice Guide and the national Quality Assurance Framework, both of which are maintained and updated with input from government and national partners.
A team of experts
We are Homeshare UK part of Shared Lives Plus.
Our expertise draws on our UK-wide membership of virtually every Homeshare programme in the country. We are the trusted partner of government and the regulators, who draw on our materials in inspections. Our goal is to find great ways for many more people to share their homes and lives.
We constantly develop and update a complete set of guidance, policies and national datasets which cover every aspect of delivering Homeshare safely and well. We are the only national charity and membership body for the Homeshare sector and as a values-based organisation we focus on sustainably improving the quality, effectiveness and reach of the sector.
Meet the team
Opportunities for Homeshare in your area
Homeshare tackles two challenges through one intergenerational approach:
- Older people gain companionship and low-level support.
- Carefully vetted and selected homesharers find somewhere affordable to live.
- The local provider supports participants to form long-lasting matches, putting in place the safeguarding and support needed for a successful match.
Local programmes become self-sustaining through participants’ charges.
We can help local authorities/NHS commissioners with:
- Scoping the requirements of a new Homeshare UK social franchise programme in your area including feasibility study, consultation and research with key stakeholders and business planning.
- Raising awareness of Homeshare in your local area – hosting an introduction to Homeshare session aimed at key stakeholders including social prescribers, health and social care professionals, social workers, strategic leads, commissioners, and policymakers.
- Developing a framework for commissioning a Homeshare UK social franchise.
Our strategic advice and support is typically charged at a day rate which starts at £600 per day (inclusive of VAT), depending on the staff involved. For more information about our services please see our strategic advice and support offer or please contact us via email or telephone.